Chemical Engineer, Catholic University of Valparaíso, Chile
Master of Science, École Polytechnique, University of Montreal, Canada
Ph.D., Mining and Metallurgical Department, McGill University, Canada
- Professor, Dept. of Chemical and Environmental Engineering,
Federico Santa María Technical University, Valparaíso, Chile, where he has been teaching since 1973.
- Consultant for Mining Companies, since 1988.
- Member of the Editorial Advisory Board, Minerals Engineering Journal, since 1999.
- Deputy Director of CASIM, Automation and Supervision Centre for the Mining
Industry, UTFSM, Valparaíso, Chile, since 2008.
- President of XXVII IMPC 2014, to be held in Santiago, Chile.
Areas of interest
Applied research on process modelling, diagnosis and control, Flotation, Column flotation